Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What I've Been Up To

Clearly, I'm becoming the one that doesn't post. Well, I better change that.

First of all, I called our landlord and he was in the middle of dinner with relatives from out of town. Oops. I'll call him Wednesday morning and tell him I have the day off if he'd care to chat.

I've been reading Dwell Magazine and our book on modern pre-fabricated housing, shipping container and steel-frame construction, and inexpensive sustainable design. (I'll post the title and author when I can check on it.) Any other interesting findings, y'all?

My thoughts are currently leaning toward a designer/architect who can modify a pre-existing design to be a duplex that fits our lot and neighbourhood. Rumour has it that the current board of variants (variances?) is amenable to eco-friendly design. Just say the magic words "eco-density" and we're in. I hope.

I'll let you know how Wednesday turns out.

No comments: